After weighing the pros and cons of buying or selling Real Estate, you’ve decided it’s time to hire a Realtor®. Congratulations, you’ve come a long way already. The biggest hurdle to overcome in making the final decision to buy or sell. Now you are ready for the next big step, Who do you hire to represent you? I’m sure you know a Realtor® or three as Realtors tend to be a social bunch. I’ve got to say, we are quite fun to hang around with.
Do you go with the first Realtor® that pops in your mind? Perhaps, but you need to ask yourself why that Realtor® comes to mind first. Here’s a quick list to run through before deciding to hire that first pick:
1. Did someone refer this Realtor to you? Past client referrals are the best way to do your background check. Folks who had a great experience in buying or selling real estate have no problem sharing with you their experience. You want to be taken care of in a professional manner.
2. They are a friend or a relative. I can’t say never hire a friend, but you shouldn’t hire them because they are a friend or relative. You shouldn’t do it as a favor – you should do it because they’re good at what they do. I would never want to be hired because I’m a friend, I only want to be hired because they believe that I’m going to do the best job for them. Relationships are what life is all about, they are precious beyond any transaction!
3. You see their advertisements everywhere. The marketing material that Realtors put out says a lot about them. Read their mission statement and find out more about them. Take a look at their website, what area of Real Estate do they specialize in? You have landed on a great Realtors site already. Wink, wink.
4. You met them at an open house. I don’t know about you but I’ve been to a lot of open houses because I love them. They energize me, don’t get me started on the Parade of Homes either. Unless you’d like to join me, then of course call me, let’s go! Okay, back to hiring an agent… How many of those agents do you remember? Probably one or two that really jumped out at you because they engaged in conversation and made a great lasting impression. Now ask yourself, who do you want representing your open house?
5. Are they a Realtor® or a Real Estate Agent? I know this sounds confusing but there is a difference. Both are licensed to sell real estate, only Realtors belong to the National Association of Realtors and pledge to follow the code of ethics. A comprehensive list containing 17 articles and underlying standards of practice, which establish levels of conduct that are higher than ordinary business practices or those required by law. Less than half of all licensees are Realtors®.
This is just a short list to help fire up the searching juices. Did you know that you can interview an agent before you hire them? Please interview at least two or more agents that you feel would be a great fit for you on this next journey of yours.
Wondering what it would be like to work with Everdawn? Here’s what some of my clients have to say:
“Everdawn Charles is the quintessential realtor. Her attention to detail and drive to see her client’s expectations exceeded is second to none. My wife and I were very pleased with Everdawn and would gladly recommend her for your real estate needs.” Mark & Anna Radcliffe
“Everdawn is the reason we are in Bozeman. She listened to our needs and worked continuously to find us a home right for us. Because of her knowledge of the area and the housing market, she was able to target the listings to our specific needs. Once in the process of buying, she was always available, knowledgeable, and above all professional. She made sure the closing went smoothly. We recommend her every chance we get.” Colin and Deanna Dye
“Thank you for helping my husband and I locate and close on our investment
property in Bozeman. We especially appreciated how efficient you were in
showing the properties. We had limited time in town to look at properties,
but you planned precisely a “whirlwind” tour showing us multiple locations
with a variety of options for size, age, location, and services but still in
the price range and investment criteria we initially specified to you. Once
we decided to submit an offer, you gave us ample feedback on comparable
sales data, anticipated closing times and costs, and quick document
turnaround. We were thoroughly impressed with your follow through after the
offer was accepted. You coordinated the home inspection, advised us on
property management agencies and even acted as our eyes for the final
property walk through. You made the purchase process extremely efficient
and manageable by assisting us through all aspects, start to finish. From
one type “A” person to another – you rocked!” Corey and Janette Jones
For more Buyer information, click here
For more Seller information, click here
Contact Everdawn Charles today to learn more about buying and selling in Bozeman Montana or the surrounding areas.